A Little Knowledge...
Rules In Effect (House or Otherwise)
Dark Sun Specific
- Fixed Enhancement Bonus: Your character gains flat enhancement bonuses to attack rolls, damage rolls and defences to account for a magical equipment shortage. See DSCS pg 209.
- Reckless Breakage: When you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll, your weapon has a chance to break. You can accept the result, automatically missing the attack as usual, but keeping your weapon intact. Alternatively, you can reroll. Regardless of the reroll result, a nonmetal weapon breaks once the attack is complete. A metal weapon breaks only if you roll a natural 5 or lower on the reroll. This rule gives you a say in whether a weapon breaks. You can play it safe and accept the errant attack, or you can attempt to avoid a miss by risking your weapon.
- Ritual Slots: Explained here.
- Aspects & Fate Points: Explained here.
- Multiclass Themes: Explained here.
Daniel Hey I just wanted to chime in on the reckless breakage rule. I think non metal weapons should always break on a 1. I honestly can’t ever see myself taking the reroll unless we are incredibly desperate. I would be willing to bet that weapons almost never break with this rule.
I know they are trying to be nice, but in a place where they put so much emphasis on survival, weapons should break a lot.
Jason We used this rule at Encounters and it worked out pretty well. As long as it wasn’t for an at-will, i’d always re-roll (as long as they have a weapon or I have an extra anyways). Though, I can’t disagree with them always breaking when you roll a one. Most of use are experienced gamers; it would add another level of pain-in-the-ass, it making it that much harder. And, honestly, darksun should be as hard as you can make it… After all, its darksun…
Jesse Any mundane, non-metallic weapon should break on a 1. A metallic or magic weapon will work flawlessly, and probably be looted off your corpse when you die.
Jason Probably? pfft, i’ll loot their metal weapon and their arms (trail rations).